Dear middle school boy...
Hello, my friend. Or should I say, "Sup!"
I am writing this to you for the sake of your future wife, your mom, and the older you who will look back on these years with either great pride or extreme remorse.
First, let me give you a few rules that you really need to abide by through your middle and high school years. And the rest of your lives. These things are non-negotiable.
1. Porn is wrong. Please, I beg you, DO NOT watch it, look at it, or participate in it in any way.
"Finally brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable-if anything is excellent or praiseworthy-think about such things." (Philippians 4:8)
Do any of those things describe or define pornography? I think we both can agree on that on.
2. Love and respect your mom no matter how much she gets on your nerves or makes you angry...LOVE HER. RESPECT HER. Why? Because when you are about 18, you will realize that all those times your mom said something and you rolled your eyes because you thought what she said was completely ridiculous, she was 100% correct. Everything she ever said was right. And one day, Lord willing, you will bring home a girl from college that hope to make your wife. And you are going to want her honest opinion because you know that she will be the one person you can count on to look out for your best interest.
3. That older sister you find so aggravating, she actually has some of the best advice around. She has been through what you are going through and she has witnessed so many people's mistakes. She can help guide you through these crazy days of middle school and high school. That younger sister that you find so extremely annoying, watch out for her. She's never done this before and she's going to need; wait, she's going to need your advice. Help her.
4. Be a friend. You will meet a lot of people that you may not like, that may be very different from you, and people whose beliefs you completely disagree with. See, here's the thing; every person has their own struggles and their own battle that they are facing. Be a friend to them. You never know what someone is facing and just a kind word or a smile could lift their spirits.
5. Most importantly: Love Jesus with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength. Jesus is the ONLY one that will get you through the hardest days of your life. When everyone else will fail you (and they will), Jesus will still be there, still faithful, and the same yesterday, today, and forever. So lean on Him completely and totally and the rest of these rules won't be so difficult. Because if you truly love Jesus, you will find that you will WANT to do the other rules and that those rules will not be forced.
So, sweet boy, I love you. I wouldn't write this if I didn't love you. Don't worry your little head about finding the perfect girl, being the coolest guy in the class, or being everything that society wants you to be. You are perfect just the way you are and there is no one cooler than you and more amazing than you. Your identity is found in JESUS, the Author and Finisher of our faith and the one who holds ALL things in his hands. He loves you.
I hope and pray that you will follow these rules and you will grow up to be the man of God that you are destined to be.
All my love and prayers,
Leave a Reply.
I am currently a student learning more about life and Jesus' marvelous love and boundless grace.