If we're honest...
If we're honest…
1. we walk a fine line between wanting everyone to like us and not caring what anyone thinks of us.
2. we don't always want to go out of our way for someone else but we always expect others to go out of their way for us.
3. we don't appreciate what we have. We want the next best thing and we want more of the best.
4. we love comparing ourselves to people we think are "less" than us. It makes us feel better about ourselves.
5. we hate comparing ourselves to people that we think we could never measure up to. It makes us feel small.
6. we hate the sinner and the sin. We don't really have this "love the sinner, hate the sin" thing down.
7. we all think we are pretty awesome.
8. we love talking about how awesome we all are.
7. we don't like it when someone mentions our shortcomings and sins. It takes away from our awesomeness.
8. we hate braggers but we love to brag.
9. we talk about how much we hate wishy-washy people but in reality, we are wishy-washy ourselves.
10. we don't like change. At all.
11. we care more about the space we take up on the internet than the space we are sitting in right now. We would rather post a Facebook status than help someone right next to us, especially if it's a stranger.
12. we love being comfortable. We avoid being uncomfortable at all costs. Sometimes our comfort costs someone their salvation.
13. we'd rather talk about nothing than tell someone about Jesus.
14. we say "I'll pray for you," and then conveniently forget to pray for them.
15. we want to be in control. Always. It makes us uncomfortable if we're not.
16. we hate making mistakes because then we might have to take responsibility for them instead of making excuses.
17. we love making excuses. We are experts at excuses.
18. we hate not knowing the future. So we overcompensate by controlling every single aspect of our present so that we can predict our future.
19. we root for the underdog but worship celebrities.
20. we judge but no one should judge us.
If we're honest…
1. we know we should read our Bible but we would rather not. It brings up the icky stuff in us that we don't want to deal with.
2. we know that Jesus has not called us to be comfortable but to be uncomfortable to bring others to Him.
3. we are the Church but we don't act like the Church of Jesus. We are like the church of "Me, me me."
4. we want to be more like Jesus but we don't want to face the worst side of ourselves.
5. we want to tell others about Jesus but we don't want to be considered weird.
If we're honest...
1. we 100% realize that Jesus is the only way to survive this life.
2. we understand that the moment we die to ourselves is the moment we start to truly live.
3. we know it's not all about us but the one who has made us and is sustaining us.
4. we know that Jesus only wants the best for us. And the best for us is Him.
5. we know that the changing to be more like Jesus is hard and can be scary but it's worth it in the end.
6. we don't completely comprehend God's grace and love for us but the fact we can't understand it makes us love Him even more.
7. the future is scary but we trust the One is the Beginning and the End and everything in between.
8. we have learned the hard way that God's plan IS the best plan. Our way stinks and hurts and just gives us unnecessary headaches.
9. God is good all the time, all the time God is good. Even when we disagree with what He's doing and it doesn't make sense, He is still good.
10. we are drowning in an ocean of grace and it's the only thing that can save us.
If we're honest, we're not perfect but we're trying to let Jesus come in and change us. It's not easy and it's not pretty but it's the only way to really live.
I am currently a teacher and life-long student of Scripture learning more about life and Jesus's marvelous love and boundless grace.