As the new year approaches, I wanted to sit back and reflect not only on my year but also on the promises of Christ. Despite what this new year will hold, Jesus will love me. Despite what has happened, Jesus still loves me. Despite my humanness, Jesus still does and will forever love me. Knowing these truths, I wanted to make a list of how exactly Jesus views me. Just a few items into my list I was totally overwhelmed with Christ's radical love for me. This entire list is overwhelming. How on earth could a perfect Savior love me, a sinner, and see me this way?? I don't quite understand it but it's pretty amazing.
1. I am beautiful. Song of Solomon 4:7
2. I am sought after. Isaiah 43:1-2
3. I am strong. Philippians 4:13
4. I have the mind of Christ. 1 Corinthians 2:12-16
5. I am cherished; every part of me. 1 Corinthians 6:19
6. I have a purpose. 2 Corinthians 5:14-15
7. I am perfected in Christ. 2 Corinthians 12:9-10
8. I am bought with a price. Galatians 2:20-21
9. I am no longer in bondage. Galatians 5:1;13-14
10. I am chosen. Ephesians 1:4-10
11. I am filled with Christ. Ephesians 1:22-23
12. I am alive in Christ. Ephesians 1:4-10
13. I have His peace. John 14:27
14. I am a warrior of Christ. Ephesians 6:10-20
15. I am chosen, holy, dearly loved. Colossians 3:12-14
16. I am brave. 2 Timothy 1:7
17. I am an example. 1 Timothy 4:20
18. Christ is not ashamed of me. Hebrews 2:10-13
19. I have been made holy. Hebrews 10:10
20. I am remembered. Hebrews 13:5-6
21. I am chosen. 1 Peter 1:2
22. I am radically loved. 1 John 3:1
23. I have been designed by Christ. Psalm 139:13
24. Christ understands. Psalm 139:1-4
25. I am God's masterpiece. Ephesians 2:10
26. I am His portion. Deuteronomy 32:9
27. I am His. Song of Solomon 4:9
This new year I hope that I remember this list every day and that I know and believe that despite my short-comings Jesus still loves me.
I pray that you will remember this list and that you will believe that this is how Jesus sees you.
Despite what you may say to yourself, you are beautiful. You are sought after by the King of Kings. You are strong and you have the mind of Christ. Dear friend, you are cherished; every single part of you. You have a purpose and you have been perfected in Christ. You have been bought with a price and you are no longer in bondage to sin. You have been chosen by a holy and perfect God. You are filled with Christ and alive in Christ. You have His peace that surpasses understanding. You are a warrior of Christ. You, my sweet friend, are chosen, holy, and dearly loved. You are brave. You are an example. Jesus is not ashamed of you. You have been made holy and you are remember by the one who holds all things together. You are radically loved. You have been designed by Christ, every part of you is His plan. Jesus understands you and understands your circumstance and what you are feeling. You are God's masterpiece and His portion. My sweet, sweet friend, you are His.
In Christ alone, we can know that we are radically loved, chosen, and no longer in bondage to whatever was holding us back before.
Praise you, King Jesus, for Your unending love and mercy. We may not be able to fully understand the way You love us but we worship you because You alone are worthy of all honor and praise!
I am currently a teacher and life-long student of Scripture learning more about life and Jesus's marvelous love and boundless grace.